Qualifications? Patience, a warm smile and some time to share. No experience necessary.
Christ the King Manor is always looking for individuals and groups willing to volunteer in our facility. Volunteers are appreciated at any time on any day of the week.
Volunteering is something you can do alone, with a friend, or as part of a group. Musical ensembles, school and church groups, clubs and community organizations are welcome! If you have talents and abilities to share, that’s great … but being willing to share you time is all it really takes to be a super volunteer.
We have many volunteer opportunities available including:
* Escorting residents to social functions.
* Accompanying residents on outings.
* Visiting with residents who are bedridden.
* Offering companionship to those without family or friends.
* Transporting residents to meals, social functions and activities.
* Bringing in pets for visits.
* Sharing musical or artistic talents, playing games or reading.
* Participating in religious services.
If you have some time to share, we would love to hear from you!
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. – Leo Buscaglia